There is one Whatcom Conservation District Board position open for election.
Ballots have been mailed for those who requested one, so you should have it now – or soon. To be counted, all mailed ballots must be postmarked on or before election day, March 26. NOTE: not all mail is postmarked the day it is deposited with the post office due to changes to its mail-handling process. More information follows below.
If you don’t have a mail-in ballot, you can still vote on election day, March 26th!
Summary information & links below are all from the complete WCD election website.
- Election-day voting: at WCD offices, 6975 Hannegan Road, Lynden. Polls will be open 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. Visit the office, meet the staff and cast your vote in-person!
- Each Conservation District is governed by a board of five supervisors; see this page to meet current board members.
- The two candidates in this election are: Theresa Sygitowicz and Valeri Wade (click on names for biographies.)
- Further details about the rules & timeline – including voting in person – are on the election website.
- If you have any questions regarding elections – including missing mail-in ballots – contact Dawn Bekenyi at email@example.com or 360-526-2381 x 101.